Monday 26 August 2013

Missing New Brunswick

Cardstock: Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White.
Stamps: Flower Shop, Really Good Greetings.
Ink: Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe.
Accessories: Fancy Fan TIEF, Lacy Tape, Pansy Punch, Apothecary Framelits, Basic Rhinestones.
 
Lately, I've been thinking about New Brunswick. I grew up there and I've been missing it more and more. I know Ottawa will always be my home and this is where we plan on raising our family, but I want Aubrey and any future children to love New Brunswick just as much as I do.

My husband and I have lived all over Canada. I spent 2.5 years in Calgary, Alberta, working and finishing school. Then 2.5 years in Steinbach, Manitoba (45 South East of Winnipeg), working and growing in our careers. We decided to move to Ottawa because it was central and closer to family.

We have travelled to New Brunswick since living here many times. My parents live on the Saint John River and that is one of the things I miss this most, living on the water (besides my family of course). The River is only steps away from there house and then I could stick my toes in the water. We took my son down to the river while home over the summer and instead of sticking his toes in, he completely submerged himself and had a great swim!

I wish my family we're closer so that they could see my son grow up, but we connect with them as much as we can. It's hard to believe that summer is almost gone and we are in the last week of August.

My husband, son and I are going on a small vacation to North Conway, NH, next week and I am really looking forward to it. It will be a nice way to end the summer and enter fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment