Tuesday 13 August 2013

Put the "Art" in Party

Cardstock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Wisteria Wonder, Rich Razzleberry, Pretty in Pink
Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade, Gumball Green, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Crumb Cake.
DSP: Sunshine & Sprinkles.
Ink: Early Espresso.
Accessories: Oval Framelits, Dimensionals.
 
The title of my blog today was a line on the invitation we received for our neighbour's 2nd Birthday Painting Party that we attended on Saturday. The kids played together indoors while enjoying snacks (themed around painting) for a little bit and then it was outside to paint! The party was fantastic & all the kids left with a painted canvas (Aubrey's was painted by me because he was too busy playing with the car).

Again, I wanted to create a card with the theme. I decided I could make a painters palette with the Oval Framelits. I chose a bigger framelit and after cutting that one out, I used a smaller one the create the shape. The edges were pointed after cutting the smaller oval out, so I cut the edges free handed. I didn't have the right size punch for the finger hole so I layered the smallest circle twice.

The palette was stamped with the woodgrain embossing folder by brayering the raised portion of the folder and stamping it on the cardstock. The two was cut using a stencil I had.

It's not a typical birthday card, but I'm really happy with the end product.

No comments:

Post a Comment