Friday 11 January 2013

Celebrate Happiness

Cardstock: Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White, Basic Gray.
Stamps: Hearts-a-flutter, Fabulous Phrases.
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Basic Gray.
Accessories: Hearts-a-flutter Framelits, Artisan Embellishment Kit Heart Doily,
Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Antique Brads. 
Over the holidays, it seems love is Always in the air. 4 years ago, my husband and I got engaged on January 3rd. It will always be a memory I will cherish.

My husband and I had a perfect engagement setting. While we were living in Manitoba, we went back to Calgary, Alberta, to visit family. The day after landing, he told me we were going to have a date in Banff. I had been waiting all year for him to pop the question, but I had no idea he was going to do it then. I was actually upset that it hadn't happened before the end of 2008.

When in Banff, he took me to the Gondola at the bottom of Sulphur mountain in -20 degree weather. I was bundled, but again had no idea what he had planned and thought he just wanted to go to the top since we hadn't gone up the entire time we lived there. When we arrived at the top, he then stated "let's climb to the peak." Well, then I thought he was crazy, but I continued to go along with him because it was a beautiful day and the scenery was gorgeous.

Well if you can see where this story is going, we got to the peak and he proposed. No one was around, but after our moment of Celebration, a Photographer popped out of the bushes! I looked at my fiance and couldn't believe he set this all up, but my fiance had no idea where the photographer came from either. She explained to us that she was up there to take pictures of the scenery and caught our moment on camera. We exchanged emails and a few weeks later, I received pictures of our engagement.

Anyways, I made what should've been a short story long, but I wanted to wish another couple all the happiness in the World. My brother and his girlfriend got engaged over the holidays and I am very happy for them both.


No comments:

Post a Comment