Tuesday 8 January 2013

Busy Bee

Cardstock: Summer Starfruit, Naturals White.
DSP: Patio Party
Stamps: Elements of Style
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Summer Starfruit.
Accessories: Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Blender Pen, Crystal Effects,
Basic Black 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Dimensionals.  
I just love this Honeycomb folder and all the things I have been creating with it. I can't wait to show everyone all the new projects and cards I have been busy creating.

My life has become busy again since the holidays have ended. I have been keeping my days busy entertaining my son with different activities and getting ready to go back to work. I am back at work in 3 weeks and I am very anxious about it. I am glad I will only be going back part-time, but it will be a whole new routine for my family to get use to.

Making cards over the last few days has taken my mind off of things though, and this picture does not do this card justice. I was sceptical about it while in the process of making it, but so happy with how it turned out. I have seen many different ways of how people have made "Honeycomb" on the Internet and wanted to try it out. The Honeycomb is embossed using the new Honeycomb Embossing Folder. The honey effect is created using the Blender Pen and Summer Starfruit Ink. When I finished putting the "Honey" where I wanted it, I covered the areas with Crystal Effects to make it glossy.

The Element of Style stamped imaged is raised up after matted onto Patio Party DSP and then finished off with a piece of Black ribbon.

This card is now displayed on my new shelf in my craft room (the new shelf my hubby got me for Christmas).

No comments:

Post a Comment