Friday 11 October 2013

Thankful

Cardstock: Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla.
Stamps: Marvelous Maple.
Ink: Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso.
Accessories: Woodgrain TIEF, Sponge Daubers, Expressions Thinlit die.
Wow, what a month. It's been so long since I posted and I hope to start and get back into the swing of things again.

While everyone will be celebrating Thanksgiving here in Canada, my family and I plan to take it easy and finish some chores around the house. We celebrated Thanksgiving / my husbands birthday last weekend and I'm looking forward to just relaxing and working at our own pace.

Thanksgiving is always a time of reflection and I have so much to be thankful for. I am so thankful for the family I have and my supportive husband. Since taking my son out of the home daycare he was in, it has been stressful trying to get back on schedule with life. We are now exiting the final week of our "bad" schedule and hopefully things will be more on track.

I am thankful for the job I have. I love the job I do and the people I work with. I am back on a schedule where I work 4-5 days a week depending on my husband's schedule and I'm so happy it's possible for my husband and I to work around our schedule's so that we can be home with our son 1-2 days during the week.

I also have many friends to be thankful for. If I wasn't given the little push I needed, I don't think I would be creating cards the way I am now. My "Thankful" card was created for my September class and after I was done making it, I wasn't sure how the girls would feel. While using the Expression Thinlits to make the card, I ripped two in half. I also smudged ink while trying to stamp the maple leaf.

Before stamping the maple leaf, I sponged a bit of one colour of ink on a piece of blank paper. I then stamped the image with Early Espresso ink. After cutting the leaves out, I took more ink in orange and brown and sponged around the edges. They were then popped up with dimensionals. I love how the leaves turned out on the card.

I will be hosting 2 Christmas classes starting in November. If you are looking for more information, please visit my upcoming events page. I will also be adding an event to my Facebook soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment