Tuesday 23 April 2013

Monochromatic Baja Blues

Cardstock: Natural White, Island Indigo, Baja Breeze, Pool Party.
Stamps: Oh, Whale.
Ink: Baja Breeze, Island Indigo.
Accessories: Chevorn Embossing Folder, Happy Whale Clearlits Die, Dimensionals.
 When I first was introduced to Stampin' Up products, Baja Breeze was one of the first ink colours I bought. I loved it and used it over and over. The ink pad I still use, is that same first ink pad. I have had to re-ink it over the years, but it was my favorite colour.

If you haven't checked out the Colour Refresh chart, there are some amazing changes. Baja Breeze was the first change I noticed. As of May 31st, Baja Breeze will be discontinued. If you would like any of the colours that are discontinuing, make sure you order them soon because they may be gone before you know it.

The above card was a CASE from Justin Krieger, but I changed a few elements! I loved his card when I saw it and be sure to check out his blog @ www.jkcards.wordpress.com. It took some time to cut out the Chevrons, but I had some quiet time on the weekend and I really wanted to see how it would turn out. We CASE'd his card at my class last week and I also loved the colours I used for that card! Take a look:

Cardstock: Primrose Petals, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit.
Stamps: Petite Pairs.
Ink: Primerose Petals.
Accessories: Chevron Embossing Folder, Linen Thread, In Color Dahlias, Mat Pack & Piercing tool,
Apothecary Framelits.
The Dahlia was my favourite part to this card! I originally didn't add it, but felt the card needed something more. After a few days, I finally realized I had dahlias laying around and knew that's what this card needed.

The retired list of stamps & accessories is available tomorrow! I will make sure to add a link to my blog and my facebook page for anyone interested. And remember, Stampin' Up will ship to anywhere in Canada. Check out my shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment