Thursday 3 March 2011

En Francais


Smooch spritz is my new favorite thing!

I love to blog hop when I'm bored and I came across a blog that taught me how to die ribbon. The ribbon on this card started out Very Vanilla and with melon mambo ink refill and some shimmer mist I was able to transform the color and it turned out to be fabulous! This card was inspired by someone on Stampin' Connection.

Again, there are a few different products on this card. I had some paper flowers in all different colors lying around and I found one that matched melon mambo and added that to the card with a basic pearl. You can find the basic pearls and paper daisies on page 188 of the 2010-2011 Catalogue! There are also two antique brass brads at the bottom of the Very Vanilla CS which is stamped with the En Francais background stamp! Amour and the Eiffel Tower comes from the stamp set Artistic Etchings.

To top this card off I "Spritzed" the Crumb Cake CS with Log Cabin Smooch Spritz before adhereing the very vanilla and then I sprayed that with Vanilla shimmer!

Everything old is new again this year and I'm loving it! I love making my cards "vintagy". Here is a closer view of the card so you can see the Smooch spritz!  You can see that I ripped up some of the edges of this card to make it look like it is old!

6 comments:

  1. Great card...I love this stamp set and really love Smooch spritz too! Now following your blog from SC #342...hope you'll return the favor when you get a chance. http://alacards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I've made my own smooch sprays but didn't think about dying my ribbon.
    I'm following you from Stampin'connection. I'm #188 on the list as wwww.bzstampr.blogspot.com.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those stamp sets. Now following from SC.

    Lori #133
    www.stampingwithlulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip on dying ribbon with SMOOCH! I love it myself! A little spritz here, a little spritz there! ;) Following you from SC - I'm #355. Hope you visit when you get a chance! http://ribbonsnjulz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a marvelous idea and it looks sooo pretty too. I am now following you from SC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ribbon and shimmer! Ooh la la! Following you from SC!

    ReplyDelete